Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Durham Food Truck Rodeo 6/17

Attended my first Food Truck Rodeo this past weekend. I was able to talk some friends into going with me which made everything better. The rodeo was held in downtown Durham at the Durham Central Park, the same place where the Durham Farmers Market is held every Wednesday and Saturday. While I had eaten at a couple of the local food trucks such as Only Burger that have been around for a little while, many of the ones at the rodeo were new to me which was great.
An event such as this one with such a high concentration of trucks serving delicious food made me giddy. There was a great diversity of foods being served out of the individual trucks, such as frozen yogurt from LoYo on the Go, to thin-crust pizza from Pie Pushers, to burgers and fries from Only Burger, to Chinese dumplings from Chirba Chirba Dumplings. Had lines not been an issue I would have definitely hit Chirba Chirba first for some dumplings, but seeing as their line was one of the longest, I settled on a slice of Pie Pushers pizza. I got the Local Farmhand, which was a slice of pizza with tomato sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheese, local italian sausage, caramelized onions, and mushrooms. Everything about it was delectable. The pizza was followed with some pickled sugar snap peas ("peackles") from Sympathy for the Deli, chocolate frozen yogurt with granola and strawberries from LoYo on the Go, and shaved ice from Kona Ice.
After a great experience at my first ever Food Truck Rodeo I am sure I will be at the next one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment